Birthdate: October 6, 1994
Birthplace: Taranto, Italy
Languages:Italian (mother tongue), French (mother tongue), English (IELTS 7.5)
- Bachelor of Medicine (BSc Medical Science), University of Mons (UMONS), Belgium. 2013-2016
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), University of Brussels (ULB), Belgium, 2016-2019
University of Brussels (Université libre de Bruxelles, ULB), Brussels, Belgium, 2016-ongoing
Research Assistant – Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Project: psychopathological network analysis
Reference: Professor Paul Linkowski, Coordinator (email@example.com)
Scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Briganti G., Linkowski P. (2019). Exploring network structure and central items of the Narcissistic Personality Inventory.
- Briganti G., Scutari M., Linkowski P. (2019). A Bayesian network approach to symptoms from the Zung Depression Scale.
- Briganti G., Linkowski P. (2019). Network approach to items and domains from the Toronto Alexithymia Scale.
- Briganti G. (2019). Hypothalamic-pituitary disconnection: diagnostic challenge in the middle skull base region.
- Briganti G., Lechien J.R., Saussez S. (2019) An unusual cause of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
- Briganti G., Linkowski P. (2019). Item and domain network structures of the Resilience Scale for Adults in 675 university students. Epidemiology and Psychiatric Sciences PREPRINT
- Briganti G., Scaillet S. (2019) A rare cause of sleep apnea and renal tubulopathy. Open J Clin Med Case Rep. 2019;1514
- Lechien J.R., Briganti G., Dequanter D., De Saint Aubain N., Rodriguez Ruiz A. (2019). Giant desmoid-type fibromatosis of the neck: a very rare infiltrating tumor. ENT J https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0145561319825580
- Briganti G., Fried EI, Linkowski P. (2018). Network analysis of Contingencies of Self-Worth Scale in 680 university students. Psychiatry Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2018.12.080
- Alalade AF, Briganti G., Mckenzie J.C., Gandhi M., Amato D., Panizza B., Bowman J. (2018) Fossa Navicularis: Anatomic Skull Base Variant with Clinical Implications. J Neurosurg. 10.3171/2018.5.PEDS18157.
- Briganti G, Kempenaers C, Braun S, Fried EI, Linkowski P. (2018) Network analysis of empathy items from the Interpersonal Reactivity Index in 1973 young adults. Psychiatry Research https://www.psy-journal.com/article/S0165-1781(17)31682-7/fulltext
- Briganti G, Falla JP, Roumeguere T, Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome and Crohn’s Disease, a dangerous synergy. Rev Med Brux. 2018 May 30. doi: 10.30637/2018.16-064
- Scherdel P, Hjelm N, Salaün J-F, Heude B, Chalumeau M, Briganti G, et al. Survey highlights important discrepancies between definitions of paediatric abnormal growth taught to medical students in 23 European countries. Acta Paediatrica [Internet]. 0(0). Available from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/apa.14266
- Briganti G, A rare case of vulvovaginitis in a prepubertal child caused by Streptococcus Anginosus. Open J Clin Med Case Rep. 2017; 1221
- Hjelm, N; Scherdel, P; Belinská, M; Briganti, G; Garcia-Aguado, J; Ho, PA; Ippen, FM; Keronen, P; Likonska, A; Martin Rojas, RM; et al. Definition of abnormal growth of children: important between-country variations in Europe. European Journal of Pediatrics. 2016
Scientific talks, presentations and posters at international congress or conferences
- Moonen G., Briganti G. How to prepare future physicians to digital medicine? Belgian Royal Academy of Medicine. Brussels (October 2018)
- Alalade AF, Briganti G. Fossa Navicularis: literature review and management. Congress of Neurological Surgery. Houston (October 2018)
- Briganti G., Network analysis of empathy items from the Interpersonal Reactivity Index. Belgian National Congress of Network Science. Hasselt (February 2019)
- Briganti G.Network analysis: beyond psychopathological symptoms. International Convention of Psychological Sciences. Paris (March 2019)
Reviewer for the following peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Epidemiology and Psychiatric Science (Cambridge)
- Frontiers in Psychiatry (Frontiers)
- Information Processing in Agriculture (Elsevier)
Ecole Supérieure de la Santé, Lausanne, Switzerland; 2018-ongoing
Teaching Professor of Pathophysiology
Class: Biomedical Science Laboratory Technicians, first year students
Reference: Sandrine Ansermet, Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
University of Mons (Université de Mons, UMONS), Mons, Belgium; 2015 – ongoing
Teaching Assistant – Human Anatomy
Class: Bachelor of Medicine, first year, second year and third year students
Reference: Professor Sven Saussez, Chief of Department (email@example.com)
Provincial Institute of Secondary Studies, La Louvière, Belgium, 2016 – 2019
High school teacher for the following courses: biology, anatomy, physiology, physics, science.
Class: pharmaceutical assistant, applied science and economics students.
Reference: Eris Colautti, deputy headmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Science journalism experience
Reflexion Medical Network (RMN), Brussels, Belgium, 2017-ongoing
Science journalist for the journal NumeriKare (digital medicine)
Reference: Philippe Marchal, Editor in Chief (email@example.com)
Consultancy and expertise experience
Agency for evaluation of the quality of higher education (AEQES), Brussels, Belgium, 2017-2018
Expert – Evaluation of medical technologies bachelor’s degree (Imaging and Laboratory)
Reference: Joelle Sallets, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BT Clinical Computing, Brussels, Belgium, 2017-2019
Expert in SNOMED-CT coding.
Clinical internships in medicine
- Queen Fabiola University Children Hospital – Pediatrics, Brussels, Belgium, 2018; Coordinator: Professor Georges Casimir
- Brugmann University Hospital (CHU Brugmann) – Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Brussels, Belgium, 2018; Coordinator: Professor Jacques Jani
- Erasmus Hospital – Surgery, Brussels, Belgium, 2018; Coordinator: Professor Patrizia Loi
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital (CHU Saint Pierre) – Internal Medicine, Brussels, Belgium, 2018; Coordinator: Professor Stephane Dewit
- Erasmus Hospital – Sleep Medicine, Brussels, Belgium, 2017; Coordinator: Professor Paul Linkowski (email@example.com)
- Erasmus Hospital – Psychiatry, Brussels, Belgium, 2017; Coordinator: Professor Gwenole Loas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Erasmus Hospital –Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Brussels, Belgium, 2017; Coordinator: Professor Sergio Hassid (email@example.com)
- Most Holy Annunciation Hospital – Developmental Neuropsychiatry, Taranto, Italy, 2017; Coordinator: Dr. Oronzo Forleo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Most Holy Annunciation Hospital –Neonatal Intensive Care, Taranto, Italy, 2016; Coordinator: Dr. Oronzo Forleo (email@example.com)
- Saint Joseph Hospital –Cardiology, Mons, Belgium, 2015; Coordinator: Dr. Michel Henry
Experience in public organizations
Building Healthcare for Tomorrow (BHCT; www.bhct.eu)
Member of the Board. (2018- ongoing)
Assembly of European Regions(AER: www.aer.eu)
President of the Committee for Education and Culture, Youth Regional Network. (2016-2019)
Foundation for medical research in Hainaut (www.umons.ac.be/frmh)
Member of the Board (2015- ongoing)
Inter-University Committee of Medical Students (CIUM; www.cium.be)
President (2016 – 2019)
Other professional experiences
Calgon Carbon Corporation – Chemviron Carbon, Feluy, Belgium, 2014
Analytical Chemist – Department of Analytic Chemistry
Activated carbon quality control analyses.